PADI Underwater Navigator
Don’t get lost again
How many times have you surfaced away from the boat or shore exit point and then had a long swim ahead of you? Most people will readily agree that underwater navigation is much more difficult than on land, yet other than the basic navigation training in the Open Water, the majority of divers have not taken any further training in underwater navigation.
Knowing where you are underwater translates into confidence, efficiency and most importantly – safety. The PADI Underwater Navigation Specialty course teaches you the techniques to become an efficient underwater navigator and thus a better diver.
What You Learn:
- Underwater navigation can be challenging, but in the PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course, you master the challenge. You learn the tools of the trade, including navigation via natural clues and by compass.
- Navigation patterns
- Natural navigation (without a compass)
- Compass navigation
- How to “mark” or relocate a submerged object or position from the surface
- Underwater map making
- How to follow irregular courses with the Nav-Finder
- Dive site relocation
- How to estimate distance underwater
The course consists of:
- 1 evening Academics.
- 2 days diving on Ningaloo Reef (4 dives).
The course includes:
- PADI Five Star Card Certification.
- The Underwater Navigator Manual, yours to keep.
- All air fills, gear rental, and certification costs covered by us – no hidden extras!!!
- Personal instruction in small groups.
- All transport to and from the training centre, shop, and dive sites provided.
- Underwater Navigator courses run on demand.
- Individual one-on-one courses are available, please contact the store for details.
- Be 12 years of age.
- Be a certified Junior Open Water Diver or higher.
Cost: Only $455
This course is available through enquiry only, please send us your details and one of our team will be in touch with you shortly.