Learn new Skills. Take Control. Conquer your Fears. Enjoy the Challenge.
Learn techniques for appraising divers before they enter the water, for assisting with minor problems, for helping those in a panic, even those unconscious at the bottom!!! Learn techniques to provide artificial respiration in the water, to remove them from the water, and to apply full CPR if needed.
Learn accident management techniques, search for missing divers, first aid, emergency procedures, and have heaps of fun doing it!!!
The rescue course is a demanding course, often cited as the most enjoyable, satisfying course on offer.
The course typically consists of:
- 1 day pool
- 2 Ocean dives - includes 14 exercises
- 5 Knowledge Development sessions supplemented by home study
- 2 Realistic emergency scenarios.
What you will learn:
- Self-rescue and diver stress
- Emergency management and equipment
- Panicked diver response above and under water
- Finding a missing diver & surfacing safely
- In-water rescue breathing protocols
- Exits with an unresponsive diver
- First Aid for pressure-related accidents
- Dive accident scenarios
The course includes:-
- PADI Five Star Certification.
- The Rescue Diver Manual and Accident Management Slate, yours to keep.
- All air fills and certification costs covered by us - no hidden extras!!!
- Personal instruction in small groups.
You will need to provide or purchase the following:-
- Dive knife (for cutting line, nets etc.)
- Pocket Mask
- Dive slate for communicating underwater.
- Whistle or audible signalling device
- Log book
- Alternate Air Source.
- Bottom timer or computer.
Courses run on demand, please contact the store for the next scheduled course.
Individual one-on-one courses are available at a cost of $795, please contact the store for details.
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be 15 years of age (12 for Junior Rescue Diver).
- Have a current First Aid certificate (completed within the past 24 months). If you do not have a first aid certificate, we run Emergency First Response courses prior to every Rescue Course