Know your gear inside out !
Scuba diving is an equipment intensive sport so it makes sense that all divers should understand the basic operation and know how to clean and maintain their Scuba gear. Such a small thing as a broken mask strap or fin buckle can prevent you from diving, yet if you know how to carry a spare and how to fix it at the dive site your day won't be spoiled.
Our PADI Equipment Specialty is a non-diving course, which looks at how Scuba equipment works, its maintenance and care, and compares and contrasts different makes and models, discussing what set-up is suitable for your individual diving requirements. It's a fantastic course for all levels of divers, from beginners through to instructor level.
What You Learn:
- Review the theory, principles and operation of scuba diving equipment
- Learn about routine, recommended care and maintenance procedures, and equipment storage
- How to overcome common problems with equipment and recommended professional maintenance procedures (may include a demonstration of repair procedures)
- Gain simple suggestions for comfortable equipment configurations and an introduction to new gear (may include optional confined water dive to try new or unfamiliar equipment)
The course consists of classroom sessions where you learn (and get to play with) some of the different scuba diving equipment available.
The course includes:
- PADI Five Star Card Certification.
- The Equipment Speciality Manual yours to keep.
- Personal instruction in small groups.
- Equipment Specialty Courses are run on demand.
- Shift workers, and those with specific work rosters etc. please contact the store, we can always accommodate your shift patterns.
- Individual one-on-one courses are available, please contact the store for details.
- Be 12 years of age.
- Be a certified Junior Open Water Diver or higher.